As of today 5/3/20 the Government is describing Coronavirus 19 as a moderate risk.
The key to the effectiveness of this plan is for everyone to take responsibility for their personal actions.
Currently the Government advice is for people to continue to go to work, school and other public places.
General advice to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading are:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, if this is not possible, cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
- Put used tissues into a bin immediately, do not reuse them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially if your hands are not clean
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Before council meetings and activities – Please wash your hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival at any meeting or event and before touching equipment/surfaces
You are encouraged to carry your own hand sanitizer and use it regularly.
You must stay away from public places (self-isolate) if you have been advised to by the 111 online coronavirus service or a medical professional, but we also request that if you have recently travelled to areas with high rates of infection or had contact with someone that has, not to attend council meetings or activities, please.
We will continue to monitor and act on government advice and keep councillors and staff up to date, all communications will be dated.