Bathford Allotments Group
The allotments were created on the 19th May 1880 and are one of the oldest in the country. They were founded for the “labouring poor of the village” and the rules and arrangements that are in hand today are those originally enacted.
The control and management was placed in the hands of the Vicar with the aid of two wardens. From documents held by the Parish Council, it would seem that they purchased the allotment land from the executors of the will of Miss A D Skrine in 1957.
They represent an important part of our village’s social history and clearly over 125 years, these allotments have meant a great deal to a large number of parishioners.