Great Western Air Ambulance are looking for volunteers, they will be at the Bathford Parish Council APM on the 29th April at the School Hall from 7.30pm if you would like to discuss this in person with them.
Could you offer just a few hours of your time as part of a dedicated team of staff and amazing volunteers working together to raise the £3 million necessary to keep the Great Western Air Ambulance Charity operational?
We are looking for friendly, approachable and enthusiastic individuals to assist in a whole host of upcoming events, community collections, public presentations – the choice is yours! The hours are totally flexible based on your availability and preferences. Some volunteers commit a few hours a week, some twice a year – we are grateful for all of the help we receive.
GWAAC couldn’t provide such vital and advanced emergency services without the help of its volunteers and the support of people like you. We’re involved in hundreds of local events – whether it’s hosting a stall at a school fete, collecting in town centres or servicing our community based collection tins, there are plenty of varied opportunities for our volunteers.
• GWAAC provide the critical care and air ambulance service for 2.1 million people across the counties of Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, North Somerset and surrounding areas.
• In 2018 the charity celebrated ten years since its first flight
• The GWAAC Critical Care Team consists of a highly trained and experienced Specialist Paramedic in Critical Care and Critical Care Doctor, who bring the skill and expertise of an Emergency Department to the patient at the scene of the incident.
• 2018 the Critical Care Team attended 1,887 jobs: by helicopter or by one of our critical care cars, making it the busiest year to date.
• We need to raise over £3 million each year to stay operational, but receive no day to day funding from the Government or National Lottery.