Bathford Village Flower Show 2020 – SATURDAY 5th SEPTEMBER 2-4.30pm
In light of ongoing concerns about Covid-19 the Committee have decided to cancel this year’s Show in the Parish Hall in order to protect the local community. However we propose a number of alternative activities in which we hope you will participate and enjoy. These will be dependent on Government regulations regarding social distancing and lockdown at that time.
Our aims are:
• To mark Flower Show time by organising some activities that are relevant to the Flower Show.
• To celebrate the 110th anniversary of the Flower Show in Bathford.
• To record some of the Village activities during lockdown that relate to the Flower Show.
- Fruit, Flower and Vegetable Display: We invite all the Village to put out a display at the front of your house or garden to showcase your home grown produce on Show day. Please display fruit, flowers or vegetables you have grown. You can be as creative as you like about how you present your display or simply put out a box. You might like to mark your display with a flag or flower symbol to help others see it (and a note saying it is for display only).
- Children’s Miniature Gardens: All children are invited to make a miniature garden in a standard seed tray using mostly natural materials and bring it the Folly Playing Field for others to see. There will be a small gift for each child who takes part. Please bring your gardens along from 2.00pm. This activity will be marshalled.
- Flower Show Photographic Project: You are invited to take part in a photography project which will
a) Celebrate the 110 yr history of the Village Show – Search for your old photos of the Show that help to tell the story of the last 110 years.
b) Record 2020 Show related activities and your experience of lockdown – Take a 2020 photo of the following:
Baking and Making during Lockdown – a photo of what you baked or made at home while in lockdown, or during 2020.
Gardening during Lockdown – a photo of your garden or favourite flower/plant in your garden.
Photos can be submitted to the project by taking a digital photo and uploading it to the new Bathford Flower Show website http://www.bathfordflowershow.co.uk (from 1 August 2020) Maximum of 3 lockdown photos per household. Submission of the photo is deemed to give consent for its use in publications.
Digital photos are preferred if possible, but if not (for example if they are old prints), post hard copy photos in a self addressed envelope (so that it can be returned) in the collection point at the Village Shop. Please include your name, date and up to 50words to explain the photo.
Please send in your photos by 31st August 2020.
The Flower Show web site will have a photo gallery.
We also hope to produce a photobook commemorating the 110yrs of the Show. A display copy will be made available and it will be possible to order copies later in the year.
- Tree Planting
We are developing plans for planting a tree in the Village to commemorate 110yrs of the Flower Show¬ paid for from Show funds.
PLEASE WILL ALL CUP WINNERS FROM 2019 RETURN THEIR CUPS TO THE VILLAGE SHOP BY 1st AUGUST. Many thanks.
If you have any questions then please email email@example.com or visit our facebook page
Bathford Parish Council
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
that following the resignation of Cllr David Le Lohé, a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for Bathford Parish Council.
If, within 14 days* after the date of this notice (i.e. no later than Friday 26 June 2020), a request for an election to fill the said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning Officer, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5AW, by TEN electors for Bathford Parish Council, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy, otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option.
The request must be signed by ten persons who, at the time of the request, are listed on the electoral register as local government electors for Bathford Parish Council. The ten signatures should be accompanied by printed names, addresses and, if known, electoral numbers.
Under the Coronavirus Act 2020, if an election is called, it will not take place until May 2021.
Dated: Monday 8 June 2020
* In computing any period of time for this purpose a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday, bank holiday or day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning shall be disregarded.